Thursday, June 6, 2013

Xeriscape, continued...

I'm working on getting some green stuff to fill in the rectangle that used to be grass next to the patio.  I'm experimenting with creeping thyme (which seems to be doing very well), catmint (which might need too much water) and red clover (I scattered the seed but it hasn't germinated yet).

In the front yard, I'm filling in the empty holes where I removed the dead arborvitae.  The prickly pear cactus had a bright yellow blossom yesterday!  I bought agave, desert mallow, and desert willow yesterday and planted them.  I noticed that deer have been munching on the red yucca blossoms by the street, so let's hope my new choices are relatively deer-resistant.  I know the deer will eat anything if they are hungry enough.

roses blooming in the back yard

brand new agave

new desert willow
prickly pear cactus blossom

red yucca in bloom

No comments:

Post a Comment