Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Katie and Doug at Tent Rocks

 When Stephen and I visited Tent Rocks National Monument the first time it was very crowded.  I thought that being fourth of July weekend, we would find it at least as busy as the first time but in fact it was much less so, possibly because of the heat.  We came prepared with sunscreen and lots of water and fruit, and my goofy hat...  in other words, we knew it would be hot, and it was!  But we prevailed.
I showed Doug where we hiked last time and what the options were for longer and shorter loops.


There's so much to see that you have to pause and look up once in a while!


Somehow Doug and I got ahead of Katie and Stephen (I think they were taking pictures).




 We made it to the top!  Elevation 6299 ft.



Looking down on the trail below.  See the people?
Heading back down, single file.


No comments:

Post a Comment